Southern Records and Rarely Unable PR are looking for interns. Bright, passionate, committed, computer literate individuals with a good appreciation of Southern Records are encouraged to apply. We enjoy a good sense of humour too!
Southern Records is a fiercely independent record label, artist management and recording studio established in the late 1970′s punk heyday. Rarely Unable is a new independent PR company whose founder has been a key player in Southern’s most recent history. Now the two companies are sharing offices and we’re looking to recruit some interns who can assist us while gaining some excellent hands-on experience.
Interns will assist in the day to day running of the mail-order and production departments, as well as assisting the Managing Director of Southern Records with key tasks. Additionally, interns will assist the founder of PR company, Rarely Unable with a variety of publicity-oriented assignments.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking creative writing tasks
- Internet research
- Maintaining databases
- Preparing mail shots
- Filing, photocopying, scanning
- Budgeting and marketing
- Distribution liaison
- Making tea and coffee, emptying the bins – everything we do on a day to day basis.
Things you won’t be doing:
- High fives
- Blagging onto the Godspeed guest list
- Updating your Facebook/Bebo/Myspace/Whatever page
- Running to the dry cleaners
- Spinning Kings Of Leon while you stuff envelopes
By the end of the placement, our interns will have a good grasp of the inner workings of an independent record label and an independent PR company.
We are looking for people who can fill a minimum placements of six weeks, ideally able to devote from 25-40 hours per week to us. Our placements are unpaid although we do offer a contribution towards travel costs.
(More after the break.)
If you are interested we would also need you to attend a preliminary interview in North London, where we will be happy to elaborate some more about what this internship entails. To apply please provide the following:
- Covering letter detailing why you are interested in an internship at Southern/Rarely Unable, and telling us what your 2 favourite Southern releases are, and why.
- Full C.V. including address and telephone numbers.
- Details of your availability – start and end dates, hours per week etc.
Send applications using the form below.