On 25th March (26th in the US) we will be releasing Tartufi’s third release for Southern, These Factory Days.
Shortly after recording and touring The Goodwill Of The Scar, the duo of Lynne Angel and Brian Gorman became a trio with the addition of Benjamin Thorne on bass. The extra set of hands added a whole new realm of sonic possibilities, and little time was wasted before going into the studio to begin work on what would become These Factory Days. The band took a year and a half to track and mix These Factory Days, once again with the aid of Tim Green (Melvins, Howlin Rain, Joanna Newsom, Fresh & Onlys) at Louder Studios and The Hangar, and also with Scott McDowell at Hyde Street. The result is a band fully settled within their sound, secure amongst an ocean of interlocking counterweights, where you are at once upon the bright surface and walking the cavernous depths. Tartufi further push the boundaries of sonic sameness and classic structure to evoke an overall sense of movement and progression. Pop songs be damned – Tartufi is a country of sound.
You can pre-order These Factory Days from today:
- Southern web store – Vinyl and CD. Special limited offer for a free shirt with vinyl orders.
- Saki store – Vinyl and CD.
- Bandcamp – Digital download.
How excited are we?
The lovely San Francisco trio better known as Tartufi are about to embark on a series of US tour dates as of this Saturday to bring their unique blend of blissful loops and pop-rock tendencies to the west coast.
Fresh out of the studio where they have just laid down the material for their next album, (due out early next year folks- mark it well in your 2013 diaries), what better way is there to celebrate than to come and share the joy and potentially some great new tracks with you?
For those of you lucky enough to be around the west coast, be sure to catch them on one of the following dates:
- 18 August – Muddy Waters – Santa Barbara, CA
- 19 August – The Satellite Lounge – Los Angeles, CA
- 20 August – The Tin Can Ale House – San Diego, CA
- 21 August – The Beauty Bar – Las Vegas, NV
- 22 August – Burt’s Tiki Lounge – Salt Lake City, UT
- 23 August – D’Railed – Idaho Falls, ID
- 24 August – The Pink Garter Theater – Jackson Hole, WY
- 25 August – The Old Town Block Party – Pocatello, ID
- 26 August – The Crux – Boise, ID
- 28 August – Neurolux – Boise, ID
- 29 August – The Horned Hand – Bend, OR
- 30 August – The Mt. Emily Ale House – Bend, OR
- 31 August – House Show – PDX
- 1 September – Kelly’s Olympian – Portland, OR
- 2 September – Barboza – Seattle, WA
- 3 September – Cauldron – Eugene, OR
For more info on the band you can visit their groovy web site.
You can also grab their records and a lovely shirt from our webshop too!
And in case that wasn’t enough, here’s a link to another video to get you all excited.