|Okay people, time to start doing your stretching exercises and double your vitamin dose in preparation for one of the most highly anticipated events on the over 70′s calendar – it’s the NOMEANSNO tour of Europe!These guys know how to take a venue, blow the doors off and leave the audience half-deaf and covered in sweat and beer. This is what the joy of live music is all about.|
|05.08.13||Amsterdam, Netherlands||(Sugar) Melkweg|
|05.19.13||Aalborg, Denmark||1000 Fryd|
|05.21.13||Nottingham, UK||The Doghouse|
|05.22.13||Manchester, UK||Sound Control|
|05.24.13||Cork, Ireland||Crane Lane|
|05.28.13||Edinburgh, Scotland||Electric Circus|
|05.29.13||Newcastle, UK||The Cluny|
|05.30.13||Exeter, UK||The Cavern|
|05.31.13||London, UK||The Lexington|
|06.02.13||Brighton, UK||The Haunt|
|06.06.13||Prague, Czech Republic||Lucerna Music Bar|
|06.07.13||Leipzig, Germany||Ut Connewitz|
|06.08.13||Frankfurt, Germany||Au Fest|
Mat Sweet is bringing his new album Burnt Up On Re-Entry to venues across Europe. He will be touring with the delightful Jessica Bailiff, so there are two great reasons not to miss out.
Meanwhile please enjoy the second video from Burnt Up On Re-Entry, for “A Brilliant Shaft Of Light From Out Of The Night Sky”. You might also want to consider picking up one of the limited edition shirts (“Everyone will let you down in the end”) we have available from the web shop.
Boduf Songs and Jessica Bailiff European Tour Dates
- Wednesday 17.04.13 UK – London / Cafe Oto
- Thursday 18.04.13 UK – Bristol / Cube Cinema
- Friday 19.04.13 UK – Brighton / Green Door Store
- Sunday 21.04.13 D – Dresden / Tante Leuk
- Monday 22.04.13 CZ – Prague / Rubinrot
- Wednesday 24.04.13 IT – Padova / La Mela di Newton
- Friday 26.04.13 IT – Ravenna / Hanna Bi
- Saturday 27.04.13 IT – Rovereto / Locos
- Sunday 28.04.13 A – Linz / Werkstatt
- Monday 29.04.13 A – Vienna / Rhiz
- Tuesday 30.04.13 CZ – Olomouc / Galeria u Moka
- Wednesday 01.05.13 CZ – Brno / Boro
- Thursday 02.05.13 CZ – Pilsen
- Friday 03.05.13 D – Berlin / Schokoladen
- Saturday 04.05.13 D – Leipzig / Kafic
- Sunday 05.05.13 D – Offenbach / Hafen 2
- Monday 06.05.13 CH – Winterthur / Portier
- Tuesday 07.05.13 CH – Lausanne / Le Bourg
- Tuesday 14.05.13 B – Ghent / Kinky Star
- Wednesday 15.05.13 B – Antwerpen / Kavka
These days, punk is like classic rock. It’s “oldies”. People who liked punk when it was actually happening are in old age homes now. They have great-grandchildren. They remember the time before there was electricity.
Nomeansno are like that. They started their band in 1979, which apart from being 33 1/3 years ago (which is coincidentally the number of rounds per minute on a long-playing vinyl record), is also before the invention of the motor car. Go on, look it up.
Nomeansno put out a record called Old, because that’s what they are. It’s been out of print for a while so we just pressed some more up in black & white splatter vinyl. Check this out.
Nomeansno are also touring. They do that a lot. Old people get stuck in their habits and they don’t like change. They’re coming to the UK for the first time in about five years, and to be honest, in the live environment, they kick the shit out of any band formed since about 1999. Which is pretty impressive for old people.
- Tuesday 21st Nottingham – The Doghouse
- Wedensday 22nd Manchester – Sound Control
- Sunday 26th Glasgow – Stereo
- Tuesday 28th Edinburgh – Electric Circus
- Wedensday 29th Newcastle – The Cluny
- Thursday 30th Exeter – The cavern
- Friday 31st London, Islington – The Lexington
- Saturday 1st Bristol – Exchange
- Sunday 2nd Brighton – The Hydrant
You can buy Old and a bunch of other Nomeansno stuff in our shop.